Privacy and Cookies Policy for www.onlinethem.com (the “Website”)
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Privacy and Cookies Policy (this “Policy”) (together with our Terms and Conditions) and any other documents referred to on it sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read this Policy carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting the Website and subscribing to use, using, or being the subject of, any services available through the Website, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this Policy.
Where you have subscribed to our Online Them service, we collect information about your children’s use of social media platforms. We will treat that information in accordance with this Policy.
This Policy was most recently updated on 30th October 2015.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Soda Software Labs.
- INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on the Website or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you use the services available through the Website (including information we access within social media accounts as part of our provision of services to you) and when you report a problem with the Website. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and social media platform login credentials
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to the Website we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and/or
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
- A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
- We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of the Website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to the Website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to the Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make the Website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- If you want to find out more information about cookies, go to: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ or to find out more about removing them from your browser, go to: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.
- You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the Website.
- Save as set out in the table above, all cookies will expire after  months.
- USE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We may use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us (or your parent/guardian) and to provide you (or your parent/guardian) with the information, products and services that you (or your parent/guardian) request from us;
- to provide you with information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about products or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by email with information about products and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data;
- to notify you about changes to our services; and
- to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We may use this information:
- to administer the Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep the Website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Website about products or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
- DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- We may share your information with selected third parties including (but not limited to):
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others; and
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Website.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Soda Software Labs or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Soda Software Labs, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using [SSL technology]. We use industry standard security and firewalls on our servers.
- We maintain:
- appropriate technical and security measures to reduce the likelihood of unauthorised or unlawful access to, or accidental loss of, or destruction or damage to, your personal information; and
- physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of your personal information
and, as a result, we may sometimes request proof of identity from you before we disclose personal information to you.
- You are responsible for protecting against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website or through the services provided through the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- YOUR RIGHTS
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [email protected]
- The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- OTHER SITES
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates (including, but not limited to, social media networks and websites). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
- By submitting data to us and using the Website, you consent to our use of your data and of anyone you represent in the manner set out in this Policy (as amended from time to time) and you are responsible for ensuring that you have authority to consent on behalf of anyone about whom you submit data to us.
- Please note that you can revoke any consent you have given us under this Policy at any time by contacting us on [email protected], and referencing this Policy in the email subject line, using the body of the email to say what consent you are revoking.
- CHANGES TO THE POLICY
Any changes we may make to this Policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by email. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this Policy.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Policy are welcomed and should be addressed to [email protected].